[thelist] IIS Question - Extending an Application to Sub Folders

Ken Schaefer ken.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 20:07:38 CST 2004

I believe the solution to your problem would be, in your web.config
file (in your root folder), to define multiple <location> elements,
protecting one with forms auth, and the other (the root folder) not at
all.

I'm not sure how your first question addresses the issue you are
having. Subfolders are not, by themselves, application roots, so any
subfolder you create by default inherits the application of the parent
folder. Only if you explicity set a subfolder as an application root
is it not part of the parent folder's application.

Cheers
Ken