[thelist] Yet(!) another XHTML 1.1 question..

Rick den Haan rick at countryexpress.nl
Wed Nov 3 04:18:24 CST 2004

You can force it to be served as application/xhtml+xml using a server-side
scripting language. I use the following PHP at the top of most of my XHTML
documents:

<?php
  if (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT'], "application/xhtml+xml")!==FALSE) {
    header("Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml");
  }
  else {
    header("Content-type: text/html");
  }
?>

By the way, I just discovered IE6/winXP-SP2 parses XML documents through an XSL
parser (if I use the above technique to force a text/xml content-type). Has
anybody else noticed this, or was this already the case in pre-SP2 IE6??

Rick.