[thelist] Re: [css-d] Need Help Validating

Rimantas Liubertas rimantas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 03:57:21 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:49:38 -0800, Aaron Cole <aaron at aaroncole.com> wrote:
<...>
> The first issue has to do with the image type used in place of submit
> in the search form.  Has the image type been depreciated?  If so, how
> can I use an image in place of the standard HTML submit button?

As validator says, there is no width and height attribute for <input>.
Just remove them.

<...>
> The validator coughs up a lung when it gets to the javascript in
> question.  Is there a better way to get this random image effect?

Yes. In fact, document.write() will not work if you ever decide to
serve your XHTML with
proper MIME type: application/xhtml+xml.
Preferable solution would be to use DOM to manipulate your content.

Regards,
Rimantas
--
http://rimantas.com/