[thelist] Form processing problem in IE and Opera with input type=image

Dan Leonard dan at canopyroad.com
Sat Nov 6 10:26:25 CST 2004

Web page I'm working on:

<http://www.rascaldesign.com/login.php>

I've spent a couple of hours now trying to figure out why this form will
submit with no problems in Mozilla 1.7.1, but not in IE6 or Opera 7.54. At
first I thought it might be a problem with the submit image being in an
absolutely positioned div, so I commented out the CSS. Still wouldn't work
in IE6 and Opera. I've validated my HTML and my CSS -- both validate. When
I replace "input type=image" with "input type=submit", it works in all
browsers.

I'm using PHP to process the form. Here's  the beginning of my PHP code:

  if (!$_POST['submit']) {

    // First time, just show the login form

  } else {
     echo ("Got here!");

....and the rest of the code....

Can anyone tell me why this isn't working in IE or Opera?

Thanks,
Dan