[thelist] RE: eBay phishing/worm now here

ANDREA STREIGHT astreight at msn.com
Mon Nov 8 15:37:32 CST 2004

Just a notice to all to NOT OPEN, but DELETE any email of this type:

FROM: aw-confirm at ebay.com

SUBJECT: TKO Pay your fees... [or similar]

This is a phishing spam designed to rob you of your password, credit card
number, etc.

When I get a dubious email, I always Google the "FROM:" to see who it might
be, or to discover warnings on other web sites and blogs about the SPOOFED
sender.

DELETE such emails: they may contain WORMS.

Go directly to ebay if you have any questions or concerns about your
account. I don't even have an eBay account, so this was stupid to send to
me.

Death and torture to all Spamsuckers.

Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst/Web Artist