[thelist] No Action in Forms and still works...

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Nov 9 12:59:24 CST 2004

Rob Smith wrote:

> I've got a form <form name="something" method="post"></form> and in
> essesnse, this makes the form submit to the page it's on. On the server side
> script, I do the parsing of the form and redirect the user accordingly.
>
> Is there anything wrong with leaving out the action=""?

Not having an action is not valid 4.0 HTML structure. I think that
having an action makes sure that browser weirdness doesn't "hijack" your
page and do something unexpected.

--
Anthony Baratta

"Be daring, be different, be impractical;
  be anything that will assert integrity of
  purpose and imaginative vision against the
  play-it-safers, the creatures of the
  common place, the slaves of the ordinary."
  -- Cecil Beaton