[thelist] REPOST: SourceSafe History By Label

Scott Brady dsbrady at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 09:27:27 CST 2004

Thought I'd try reposting this. Some times my questions don't make
much sense to anyone besides me.  If anyone has any ideas (or wants
clarification on what I'm asking), I'd love to read it.

Thanks!

I'm trying to get a report of files which have changed in SourceSafe
based on 2 labels (i.e., which files changed between the times the two
labels were created).  I'm trying to use the batch file described
here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=weston+morris+ss+history+label&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=ufj3GmmuBHA.1228%40tkmsftngp04&rnum=1

and have run into problems.

Here's our setup:

1) I have VSS installed on my local machine.
2) The VSS server/source are on an internal machine here:
     a) The application itself is installed in a folder which is
shared [so I have it as a network drive on my local machine]
     b) The source code database is in a different folder on that same
machine, which is also shared.

If I run the batch file where the ss.exe file is on my local machine,
it can't find any projects in the code database ($/ is empty).

If I run the batch file where ss.exe file points to the shared VSS
folder [ 2a) above], I get a message that <path>\VSS\data\um.dat may
be corrupt.

If I run Analyze on the networked machine, no problems show up, so I
don't think the .dat  file is actually corrupt.

Is there something else I can try?

Scott