[thelist] CSS - Making a column in table emphisized

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Sat Nov 13 19:14:13 CST 2004

Message from Hassan Schroeder (11/13/2004 09:00 PM)
>M. Seyon wrote:
>
>>>table#allImg tr td + td + td {
>>>     font-style: italic;
>>>     }
>
>>I can't remember, does IE support this?
>
>The latest version I have is 5.5/Win, and it apparently doesn't; in
>fact it seems to be white-space sensitive, so 'td + td + td' results
>in all cells being italic, where 'td+td+td' results in none of them
>being changed. Ick.  :-)

Strange. I also have IE5.5/Win and it doesn't support this, whitespace or not.

Also both these pages seem to suggest it isn't supported:
http://www.richinstyle.com/bugs/table.html
http://css.nu/pointers/bugs-ie.html

Interested in seeing how you got it to work.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/