[thelist] Apache2 + MySQL4 + Win2k3

Michael Pemberton evolt at mpember.net.au
Sun Nov 14 03:29:57 CST 2004

jsWalter wrote:

> #1) Best install and config for Apache, MySQL and PHP, hands down...
>
>    http://web.torres.ws/walters_way

Thanks.  I've got PHP5 and Apache2 playing nice.  I don't use PERL so
just got MySQL to go....

> #2) Using this method, I had no issues going from Apache 1.x to Apache 2.x
>
> #3) I haven't gone to PHP 5 yet, so I can offer no help there.
>     The above link talks about PHP 4, but (in theory) PHP 5
>     should behave the same.
>     (It's on my list to do!)
>
> #4) We use fPDF for PDF generation. It solved some issue we had with
>     PDFlib.

Which issues were they?  I was a bit annoyed when i had to rewrite my
code to include the serial for PDFLib in every script, but that has been
my only major complaint with it.

> I know, not exaclty what you were asking for. But I thought it might be of
> some help.

Info is always useful.  Thanks.

--
Michael Pemberton