[thelist] Sound in webpages

Rich Osborne R.M.Osborne at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 10:38:01 CST 2004

>>> IMHO, the "mistake" is ascribing any statistical validity to stats
>>> from thecounter.com. I wouldn't, but believe what you like :-)

I agree the stats on Flash may be questionable; some other statistics tell a
quite different story. I'm sure though that most people would agree with me
that "thecounter.com" stats are the most trusted global statistics
publically available on the Internet. Their large user base tends to strip
out the fluctuations that can seriously flaw a smaller organisations
statistics.

In my (humble) opinion totally disregarding statistical data is as naive as
totally trusting it. There is much valuable data available, if you can
interpret it accurately.