[thelist] User perception

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Mon Nov 15 12:46:34 CST 2004

Message from Peter Brunone \(EasyListBox.com\) (11/15/2004 11:05 AM)

>         Several years ago when I was writing a web CMS for Verizon, we
>had the problem of users clicking on things before the page loaded,
>causing Javascript errors.  Our solution?  Add a "Please Wait" splash
>screen, a la  http://aspalliance.com/peterbrunone.pleasewait.asp .  So
>what happened?  We still got just as many calls from people wondering
>why the app was throwing errors...  They were clicking AROUND the stupid
>thing!
>
>Priceless.

If the problem was that clicking on a link before the page loaded produced
an error, you should not be telling the user "don't click on a link before
the page is loaded". You should develop the system so that links *cannot be
clicked* before the system is loaded.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/