[thelist] RE: switch from IE to Firefox?

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Tue Nov 16 08:58:49 CST 2004

> Another important point to note is that -- supposedly -- FF
> supports NT Challenge/Response,

I have the latest version of FF and find that I still can't use it to access
remote Outlook on our Exchange server. Don't know if that's the browser's
fault but IE works okay.

I love FF. Be sure to check out the extensions for it. Only "downsides",
it's a fairly slow load to first start up the software compared to IE on
windows (1 gig MHz, 512 RAM). Also, at least with past versions of FF, if
you make it your default browser and then change back to IE as your default,
IIRC the icons for html pages/bookmarks don't change back but to the old IE
icon associations. There may be a registry hack to fix that or you can
simply un-install/re-install FF at that point.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com