[thelist] running two websites on same IIS server

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 11:07:26 CST 2004

--- Rob Smith <rob.smith at THERMON.com> wrote:

> Do both websites have the same IP Addresses assigned to them in
> IIS, or do
> they have different IP addresses? Have you set up the host headers.
>
> Technically you don't have to assign any IP address to any web
> site, just
> let IIS figure that out via host headers.

Agreed, but for this application (intranet and publicly available),
using separate NICs and ip addresses is a security best practice :)

But with nslookup reporting the same ip address for both host names,
I'd double check the DNS configuration, make sure you don't have
round-robin turned on or something wacky like that. Check the IIS
settings mentioned above too, those are good ideas :)