[thelist] RE: switch from IE to Firefox?

ANDREA STREIGHT astreight at msn.com
Tue Nov 16 11:07:04 CST 2004

I appreciate all the great input on this topic.

I'll go ahead and do the switch today sometime. Thanks for all the
suggestions on customizing with options.

Not to start a new thread, but someone asked what I disliked about Adobe
Acrobat. See Jakob Nielsen's useit.com alert boxes on this issue.

I hate PDF files that are not labelled as such, so when I click on a file, I
get the Adobe message to accept or decline, then I decline, and my computer
freezes up, and the damned program keeps trying to run on my computer, so I
have to shut it down just to stop the freaking thing.

Large amounts of text to put online? Need to use PDF files? Maybe. But I
don't like em.

Steven Streight
Web Usability Analyst/Web Artist
astreight at msn.com