[thelist] user perception

Sarah Sweeney mr.sanders at designshift.com
Tue Nov 16 13:31:05 CST 2004

> What happens if you just blindly hit the "enter" key?

You get "logged in" as a guest and any content you submit has to be
approved.

> And I'm sure you'll get a few responses to this, but I'd /strongly/
> suggest splitting this into two separate pages. Somehow, someway. If
> guests don't need to login, why even present this page to them? And
> it seems like you're mixing terminology. Is a site admin also a
> content admin? Do content admins approve content?

The problem is that if the login page isn't immediately present, most of
the content managers will just go ahead and submit documents and then be
confused when they see a message telling them the documents will need to
be approved. Actually, this already happens, though rarely.

I'm thinking that I will remove the work "Login" from the headings - it
won't make a huge difference, but then at least any confusion about "why
do I have to login if I'm a guest" will be removed. And I will change
"site admin" to "content manager".

Thanks for all the feedback :)

--
Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com