[thelist] User perception

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Tue Nov 16 17:06:05 CST 2004

Message from Luther, Ron (11/16/2004 11:53 AM)
>I mostly work building intranet 'reports'. Like it or not forms are the
>primary technique for constructing flexible reports. (There are other
>ways to build things - but forms seem to offer the greatest 'flexibility'
>for use.) Useability is the key. Forms have to be built to be used.
>
>* Lite use versus heavy use.  Now, sometimes the design of the form
>will be different depending upon whether it is intended to be used
>'once in a blue moon' - or whether it is intended to be used 'every
>day / all day'.  You need to decided which to design to.

I think this is an interesting point.

How often do your content managers need to access this system Sarah? Often
enough that a cookie-based "always logged in" system is an option?

If I'm using a site daily you bet it'd be easier on me if I don't have to
login every day. Like checking email, or using MSN (or ICQ). Do you have it
setup to ask for your password every time you use these tools?

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/