[thelist] jedit > fixed

Paul Bennett paul at web-business-pack.com
Wed Nov 17 13:58:59 CST 2004

Ok, I figured I must have changed somethiong to make jedit behave oddly
<tip type="jEdit converting strings to special characters">
If you find jEdit converting certain strings (eg: "in" or "div") into
odd characters in your code, go to global optioons > abbreviations and
uncheck the  "space bar expands abbreviations" box.

I have no idea yet what this does / doesn't do, but it *does* fix the
above oddity.

jEDit documentation about this feature is as follows:
"The abreviations option pane can be used to enable or disable automatic
abbreviation expansion and to edit currently defined abbreviations"
</tip>