[thelist] CSS and formatting a multichoice quiz

Bruce MacKay b.mackay at massey.ac.nz
Thu Nov 18 03:37:12 CST 2004

Hi folks

I'm having trouble working out how to use CSS (instead of tables) to format
a multichoice quiz.

The basic structure of the quiz is a question followed by four
alternatives.  The outcome I want is that long alternatives wrapping over
two lines will start vertically in line (on the second/third line) with the
first letter of the sentence of the first row eg.

O    laksdfjas alskdfjalsdfkj a lakjsdflajsdf asdf
      lkjasdflkja sdflkja  asdf

What I'm getting now is as below - the second line wraps to be under the
radio button

O    alskjdfa lsd alksdfj al;skdjf alkj l;ak sdflkj ;alskjdf
alksjdflakjs dfa;lks jdf

I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a solution.

Thanks,

Bruce