[thelist] css is not loaded with page in Firefox

Peter-Paul Koch pp.koch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 12:00:03 CST 2004

> I'm have a bit of a problem where a page loads in Firefox 1.0 but the CSS
> does not. The page appears as being unformatted.

I've had this problem a few times, and the cause was always the
encoding of either the HTML page or the CSS (can't remember which
one). However, in my case Mozilla never ever showed the styles, while
in your case it seems to show them intermittently.

According to Textpad the "Encoding"  of the faulty files was
"Unicode", and re-saving all files and making sure that 'Encoding" was
"ANSI" solved the problem in my case.

I can't explain what this Encoding stuff means, because I don't
understand it myself. The solution above worked for me, though.