[thelist] RE: SiteFirewall Pro [Was: Link Masking]

plwolf at telus.net plwolf at telus.net
Tue Nov 23 22:20:20 CST 2004

Hi Rob,

You wrote:
-"I'm finding it really really hard to believe that this 4 file program will
disable screen shots among other things. Supposedly this software costs
$14.95 (for a few annoying JavaScript tricks that will most likely host your
site in a frameset.)"-

Most screen capture programs rely on capturing the image to your Clipboard,
what this SiteFirewalPro will do is periodically test to see if any clipboard
data has been set, then replace it with nothing. (Only works with IE). Note,
to you and your client, most of these softwares that "supposedly" protect your
site, only do so within IE Browsers, there are many of these product's demo
pages that I've visited that are completely unprotected when viewed in
Mozilla, Opera and/or Netscape.

For the most part, they are a waste of money, as you said, they contain basic
Javascript tricks and not much more. At the most, they end up turning away
visitors to your site because "Right-clicking" is disabled, etc. Many Web
Surfers use Right-clicking for navigation and are truly upset when they come
across these sites.

Regards,

Perry Wolf.