[thelist] Simple form based ftp

Karen Longstaff karen.longstaff at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 24 05:51:01 CST 2004

Hi

I am building a sample application that would normally run over an intranet
in an internet environment, so the normal file system commands I would use
are not available.

I need to be able to ftp a file to a server which is an sql server rather
than the web server that is hosting the page. I have FTP access to the SQL
server.

I want the user to be able to use a form to browse to a file (that bit I can
do!) and then on submit the file should be FTP'd to the sql server. I have:
the server IP, the directory structure I want to FTP to, the user name and
the password.

Is there a simple script (I'm not a techie) that I can use to do the FTP?

The application is SQL/ASP based.

Thanks

Karen