[thelist] Long border under li

Andreas Wahlin Andreas.Wahlin at ufl.gu.se
Wed Nov 24 10:51:13 CST 2004

I have a UL with borders around it, and I want LI's with bullets, and I
want a border under every LI that extends from both ends of the UL
border.
Now all but the last seem fairly simple, the border only extends up to
the bullet ("counting" from the right).

In other words, the text as such for the LI becomes the area where the
border is attached, while I want the border attached from both ends of
the UL itself.
(all uppercase acronyms refering to respective HTML tag)
I googled and found stuff with borders along it but not with list
bullets.

Any ideas?

Oh, and as a sidenote, when replacing the standard bullets with images,
Firefox puts some whitespace between the text and the bullet, whereas
Internet Explorer does not, my solution to this is to add a few pixels
of padding so it doesen't look ugly in Internet Explorer, while still
being acceptable in Firefox. However it would be nice to have equal
space for both browsers (and the rest of course but I'm still testing
here and those are the two I use for initial testing)

Andreas Wahlin
projektanställd UFL, Göteborgs universitet
031-773 5531
Elsa; Elektronisk LärarStudent Administration
http://www.ufl.gu.se/elsa.asp

Omnia Mutantur Nihil Interit