[thelist] css is not loaded with page in Firefox

Matt Tibbits metibbits at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 24 12:46:14 CST 2004

Wow, that is a lot of info...but it does at least tell me that I'm on track.

I have tried what Rob Smith suggested by using the <link> tag instead of
@importing and it doesn't change a thing.  So it seems that I am not able to
force the type to text/css either.

You say this is a problem with similar versions of apache...so would it be
safe to assume that upgrading to Apache version 2 would fix the problem??

Thanks,

Matt

Hi there,

I don't know if you're still having this (very weird) problem, but
here's what I've noticed.

http://rebootnb.dimetech.ca/stylereboot.css is sometimes served as
text/css (when it works) and sometimes as text/plain (when it doesn't).

<snip>

Notice the switch in mime types.  It'll keep being text/plain for a
while.  If I wait 20 secs or so, then try again, it's text/css, then
back to text/plain.  Very bizarre!

<snip>

Rob Smith's suggestion of not using @import and forcing the type using
type="text/css" on the link tag is probably the best workaround you've
got until this problem with Apache gets solved.  I'm guessing that just
because the parent style block has it's type forced to text/css, any
@imported block don't get their types forced.

<snip>

I hope this helps somewhat.  Sorry if it's a bit rambling.

Regards

Mark