[thelist] Getting results of on-line employment app to client

the head lemur headlemur at lemurzone.com
Wed Nov 24 14:27:07 CST 2004

Where to start

First thing If the employer needs the social security number, regardless of
reasoning, I would probably go somewhere else especially on an initial
application.

Employers have no need of a social security number until they are ready to
commit to an offer of employment and as what is 'standard'  needing it for
doing a credit check/security vetting for sensitive positions/or to
determine nationality status.

It does seem needlessly complicated as you could from the web have a simple
check box that would indicate a desire to apply.
you can then generate a password time limited on the fly or use one of those
graphic deals for access to the clients secure server, where the processing
could be done, eliminating the transit of the form data from the hosted
website, across the web, to a secure server.

as far as the HR folks are concerned, the conversion process can be
monitored on the server and the HR folks could recieve email notification of
application.

Why they are only going to download it once is a bit weird, (but is probably
better than hearing the shredder going off as you leave the HR office:)

you could create the pdf and attach it to the HR email and let default mail
server behaviour handle the deletion portion bit.

setting up a separate sign in seems to me to be way too complicated.

(but i can't throw stones as one of my clients produces work orders on 4
part NCR paper on dot matrix printers, and throws 3 copies away, and when
converted to invoices, prints on 4 part NCR and throws 2 away.

the head lemur

Interviews: http://www.lemurzone.com/pixelview/
blog: http://theheadlemur.typepad.com/
Community: http://www.evolt.org