[thelist] css is not loaded with page in Firefox

Matt Tibbits imitesmod at nb.aibn.com
Wed Nov 24 07:39:43 CST 2004

If loading stylesheets in this manner was not compatible with FF would it
not work locally as well? As I have said before, the site works fine locally
in FF. It is only when it is uploaded to the web server that the problem
occurs.

The reason I am @importing the main style sheet is so that Netscape 4
versions do not see the style sheet period. In any case, I have tried
href="stylesheet.css" /> and it makes no difference.

Matt

This discussion begs the question: Are you loading the css file the best way

you can?

As of now you're using a <style /> Import:

 <!--

  @import url(stylereboot.css);

 -->

Yet on the very next line you do:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print"

href="stylerebootprint.css" />

Have you pondered the thought that the @import isn't compatable with FF? It

could very well be a browser bug. That would explain why it worked fine in

IE, and not FF. I doubt it's a server issue.

Try the same approach as your media="print" with the stylereboot.css style

sheet.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylereboot.css" />

Worth a shot,

Rob