[thelist] ad help

List Master listmaster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 16:21:55 CST 2004

You ARE being oversensitive that's for sure..
first of all I remember you asking for a review of your web site copy
and one woman who is copy editor gave you extremly good advices, more
than that she redone your copy, for free..

And you havcen't done any significant changes to your website, like
removing articles and putting them into their own section, or simply
changing your copy..

Anyway...

you ad stinks, well in my OWN opinion (that's what you asked, isn't it ?)
it stinks because it is clearly written  to make me call and I don't
want to call (it costs money) for nothing..

I actually have an example of a good ad but it is in french..

but to make things short, simply put in your ad the word FREE in big.
you can offer a "free quote", that's better than a "competitive quote"
like you have now.
But you can offer more for free, like a "free search engine
submission" and get people to call.... you'll later explain them that
the free stuff is available online at your site, links to a free
manual submit tool.. you see what I mean ? it's not real christian,
but it works.. well I assume it does, I'm not a business man.

Bye