[thelist] MySQL Query Issue

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Mon Nov 29 14:12:52 CST 2004

I have two tables:

PRODUCTS
--------
productID
productName
shortDesc
longDesc
itemType

CLASSES_SCHEDULE
----------------
scheduleID
productID
classDate

Simply put, we are scheduling educational classes here. Only each class
is also a product that can be purchased by a customer. What I want to do
is show the use all of the information regarding the class (pulled from
the products table), and list all of the available class dates. Like so:

Class Name
Short Description
Long Description
Class Dates

Getting everything but the Class Dates is a snap. I just can't figure
out how to return the multiple dates using just SQL. I could always load
each of the productIDs into an array and then loop through them with
PHP, but that seems kind of excessive.

TIA.

Randal Rust
Covansys Corporation
Columbus, OH

Confidentiality Statement:

This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email.