[thelist] Iframes on IE6 on a clean installed Windows XP w. SP2

Mattias Hising hising at home.se
Tue Nov 30 06:29:58 CST 2004

Hi,

We are moving in to implementation phase for a larger web project which relys extensively on the use of iframes. From the usercontext-url, we will consume pages from a different subdomain via SSL in inline-frames. This has not been any problem until, a couple of days ago, a consulting company we work with indicated that the security-changes Microsoft made with Service Pack 2 on Internet Explorer 6 may make this solution obsolete. Please take a look at our sketches of how the interaction between non-secure pages and secured pages in iframes will work at the attached url:

http://www.hising.net/xpsp2/

Can anyone verify or discard the information we got from the consultant company? The only facts we got from them about this "change" is the following url:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/IFRAME.asp

where the Security Alert down the page states that "Internet Explorer restricts some interactions between frames that host Web pages from different domains".

We would appreciate any input in this matter.

Best regards,
Mattias Hising