[thelist] Friday fun/test: a little holiday piece we just rolled out

Jeffrey Joslin lists at joslins.net
Fri Dec 3 09:54:53 CST 2004

To help promote their new holiday gift music partnership with Sony Music,
the client wanted a simplified "Photoshop" experience so users may...

 1) Create their own CD cover art (heavy emphasis on no-brainer interface
anyone can use)
 2) Save and re-edit saved designs
 3) Print out cd art (to size, for actual cd case use)
 4) Send their designs to friends

So, we spent 2 weeks and whipped up the following in Flash and JSP, and
added a short-url function to keep generated design url strings nice and
tidy:

http://www.ae.com/aestyle/cdcovers/

Enjoy, feel free to beat the heck out of it, and let me know if you find any
issues.

Anyone else have any fun holiday items to share?

jj

alter ego publica:

jeffrey joslin
president

dev::impact
   285 west broadway, suite 330, new york, new york 10013
     (office) 646.435.7878 (fax) 646.485.4068 (cel) 646.245.8800
       (email) jeffrey at devimpact.com  (web) www.devimpact.com