[thelist] Pop-up from an email

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Dec 6 04:05:55 CST 2004

Richard Bennett wrote:
> No, we could have had that for the last couple of years, but it hasn't caught
> on. In fact, the emphasis has gone from html email to plain-text email.

This statement caught my eye.  Do you have some data to back that statement?

My experience speaks otherwise - I seem to be seeing more, not less,
HTML mail, both from corporate heavies like eBay and Amazon as well as
from small business sites.  There seems to be better use of multipart
mime for text-only readers and yes much less use of email to send
executables, but that would not indicate a decline in use of HTML in email.

--
Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce