[thelist] problem with accented characters in email

Yotam Laufer yotam at playtech.com
Wed Dec 8 10:18:18 CST 2004

Adding the tags is not enough. UTF-8 must be employed on client side and the 
server side and everything that in between. Shouldn't be at all difficult to 
implement. I think anyway, I'm just a humble actionscript programmer :)

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Sarah Sweeney" <mr.sanders at designshift.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 17:52
Subject: Re: [thelist] problem with accented characters in email

> On 12/8/2004 11:38 AM Yotam Laufer wrote:
>> UTF-8 will solve your problem is you can implement it.
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that I had tried adding the same headers to the 
> second email that seemed to work in the first email:
>   MIME-Version: 1.0
>   Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>   Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64 | Quoted-Printable
> Unfortunately, adding these headers made things worse, and I ended up 
> getting messages that were mostly question marks (e.g. 
> "N�z+��0y���׫zf��؜��_���j��K���y���׫��").
> -- 
> Sarah Sweeney  ::  Web Developer & Programmer
> Portfolio  ::  http://sarah.designshift.com
> Blog  ::  http://hardedge.ca 

More information about the thelist mailing list