[thelist] PHP mail to many recipients

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 09:25:03 CST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:09:49 -0000, Bird, Graham <> wrote:

> I have a UNIX hosting account and I want to send out a mail to users in my
> mySQL database.
>
> What's the best way? BCC? Or is mail() not the best for large numbers of
> recipients?

As you've seen from the replies already, it's a bit more complicated
than simply using the php mail function. There is code out there that
will handle it all for you without making your host sqeamish about the
hit to the server with multiple emails, works very well:

http://tincan.co.uk/phplist?cc=1

cheers,

             Mark

             MG Web Services
             www.mgwebservices.ca

Your Canadian West Coast web site development and hosting solution.