[thelist] Access-like drop-downs

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at eyede.com
Mon Dec 13 13:09:40 CST 2004

this may be OT but a little known(?) browser feature is that when you
focus a select box and type, the browser will select the option item
that corresponds closest to trhe value you're typing.

Hershel Robinson wrote:

>thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org wrote:
>

>>Without actively stealing, you might want to check out the
>>Google Suggest
>>beta: www.google.com/webhp?complete=1

this also uses the xmlHttp javascript object which is well supported in
later versions of IE and Moz based browsers, but not so well (if at all
) in others.

--
Paul Bennett
Web Technologies Developer