[thelist] iMac Toast?

Russ russ at unrealisticexpectations.com
Sun Dec 19 09:51:21 CST 2004

All,

I've had a nice little iMac for a couple of years, and for the last year
it's been sitting in my office gather dust on the dust cover.

Today, I tried to turn it on, and...

Nothing.

Swapped out the power cord, etc.

Nothing.

I'm a tad frustrated because it's a great little machine (even has a
touchscreen), but I'm not sure where to begin to try and get this to
fire up again, and I'm not really interested in investing a bunch of
money if I don't have to, so I was hoping that maybe there's a Mac
person or two here who might have some easy at-home trouble-shooting
advice I can do before I take it to the shop.

Thanks in advance,

Russ