[thelist] ASP FSO problem.

cd-ml at aardvark.net.au cd-ml at aardvark.net.au
Mon Dec 20 00:41:18 CST 2004

> To troubleshoot a user context problem, use Filemon from
> www.sysinternals.com
> that will tell you which user account is getting a permission denied error
> if
> that error is being raised from the NTFS file system (i.e. a permissions
> problem). Perhaps IIS is not using the IUSR account.

I'll try that out later, thanks!

> Also when you set the permissions - did you choose to apply those
> permissions
> to all folders, subfolders and file on the disk?

Now that you mention it when I added IUSR_MACNAME to the list in the
Security tab (and gave it full perms), it didn't prompt me to apply the
changes to any folders, subfolders, files etc...  Should it have?  I'm
using this drive (M:) as it's only my games drive. I was just a bit wary
of changing/adding permissions to my other drives as they are critical.

Should I be adding the IUSR account using the "Advanced" button on the
security tab?

> Cheers
> Ken

Thanks Ken!