[thelist] Total separation of content and presentation

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 08:34:08 CST 2004

At 14:01 on Tuesday, 21 Dec 2004, Ellen Kanner wrote:

> We've been searching far and wide without (complete) success, and it may
> not be possible. But, before we give in and use divs instead of tables,
> we thought we'd ask if anyone has worked on this.
>
> Can you help?

CSS can only position elements on a page.  usually you group a number of
paragraph elements in a div and position that.

I'm not sure I'm clear on how you plan to position groups of elements
without using divs.  I'm also unclear as to why you'd want to do this?

a simply structured html document:

makes more sense than trying to layout individual paragraphs, links and
lists.

perhaps you could explain in more detail what you hope to acheive?

;o)