[thelist] CSS: Don't understand how floats are supposed to work.

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Tue Dec 21 14:59:13 CST 2004

Greetings all,
I'm using Firefox more and more in my quest to be as standards-compliant
as possible. But what I got used to with IE now has come back to bite me
(I'm sure for the better) in Firefox. I'm sure it's a CSS issue, so I'm
posting it here first, hoping you can help me. Here's the simplified
version of my existing layout:

Here's the URL: http://maverick.sdstate.edu/EdTech/Training/

What I end up with is the Footer layer showing up in the middle of the
Content layer. I had just learned about "clear:both", hoping it would
cure exactly the problems I'm having now.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a resource
that will help me understand how floats work? Thanks in advance.

Minh Lee