design concept (was RE: [thelist] IE Headaches (Table/Image layout) +CSS)

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Dec 27 15:51:02 CST 2004

Joel,

I suppose it really depends on how much one values their time.  I'd rather
spend a short amount of time cutting up a brilliant design that was designed
to work within a more hack-less CSS environment than spend 3 times the
amount of time trying to make some "pixel" perfect design work cross
browser.

Some of the more talented designers I've worked with are not coders, but I
firmly believe that a designer does their best work when they understand the
canvas on which they will create.  The canvas, in this case, is CSS and
HTML.  Understanding the basic premise of how the elements are arranged with
CSS may lead to faster project completion, which equates to money.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/service_areas/