[thelist] CSS rounded borders in IE/Win problem

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 16:57:26 CST 2004

thelist,

I am having a problem with rounded borders using the background-image
method in IE on Windows. I'm really not sure what the problem is, but
I think I have it narrowed down to *where* the problem is. See a
simplified template here:

http://mwarden.f2o.org/test/navproblem.htm

As you can see, on IE, the right and left border extends further than it should.

At first I thought it might be a default z-index difference in IE, but
adding a border to UL id'd as "navlist" gets rid of this extension:

http://mwarden.f2o.org/test/navproblem_border.htm

which really doesn't make any sense to me.

The CSS can be found here:

http://mwarden.f2o.org/test/simplifiedstyle.css

Any ideas?

Thanks,