[thelist] CSS rounded borders in IE/Win problem

Rosalie Sennett rsennett at brainlink.com
Tue Dec 28 18:09:55 CST 2004

The problem is not really the alignment mis-tagging issues in the CSS. The
symptom of the problem is the </LI> tags which are sometimes used to close
an <LI> and sometimes not.

According the HTML 4.01 spec (and prior) the </LI> tag is optional.

THIS is the problem. How does each browser handle the effect of the </LI>?

Differently.

So if you want to nest... you've got to use it consistently. Which unclosed
</LI> are those last </LI> tags closing? IE is probably asking the very same
question!

Closing them all makes an even bigger mess.

So I think what I'd do, is simplify the process, by making an open grid with
my <div> tags... then physically putting one of the corner img files in the
etc.

In other words... go for a  box within a box, but do not rely on the spacing
in the interior box... lay everything out along the interior border of the
outside box... let dead air float inbetween the boxes.

Problemo avoided (if not solved!)

c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run