[thelist] CSS rounded borders in IE/Win problem

Ron Dorman rwd at csi1st.net
Tue Dec 28 19:35:54 CST 2004

Matt Warden wrote:

>thelist,
>
>I am having a problem with rounded borders using the background-image
>method in IE on Windows. I'm really not sure what the problem is, but
>I think I have it narrowed down to *where* the problem is. See a
>simplified template here:
>
>http://mwarden.f2o.org/test/navproblem.htm
>
>As you can see, on IE, the right and left border extends further than it should.
>
>At first I thought it might be a default z-index difference in IE, but
>adding a border to UL id'd as "navlist" gets rid of this extension:
>
>http://mwarden.f2o.org/test/navproblem_border.htm
>
>which really doesn't make any sense to me.
>
>The CSS can be found here:
>
>http://mwarden.f2o.org/test/simplifiedstyle.css
>
>Any ideas?

Hey Matt,

Not sure, code and CSS look good and validate, but doing a "view
background image" on different areas of the navigation revealed the
bottom left corner image spans all the way across the bottom and is
quite a bit longer than the navigation is wide. Who Knows? IE has done
stranger things.

Ron D.