[thelist] Error: Operation must use an updateable query.

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Thu Dec 30 06:11:20 CST 2004

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=175168
PRB: ASP Returns 'Operation Must Use an Updateable Query' Error

Most common cause is #1 - permissions problem. However instead of
IUSR_<machinename> check out Machinename\ASPNET user account on Windows XP
and Windows 2000 and NT Authority\Network Service on IIS6 since you are using
ASP.NET not ASP.

Otherwise, there are a few other causes, and they are listed as #2 through #4

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On
: Behalf Of Casey Crookston
: Subject: [thelist] Error: Operation must use an updateable query.
:
: When attempting to insert into, update, or delete rows of an access
: database, I am able to do so on my local development server.  But when I
: upload to the production server, I get this error.  I checked permission on
: the database and set them accordingly, so I don't think that's the problem.
: I'm out of ideas.   Again... it works just fine on my local server.
:
: Anyone?  Thank you!
:
: Casey, who's one error away from completing this project and getting paid.
:
:
: Operation must use an updateable query.
: current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information
: about the error and where it originated in the code.
:
: Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an
: updateable query.
:
: Source Error:
:
: Line 59: 		myAddMemberCmd = New OleDbCommand(sqlString,
: myDbConn)
: Line 60: 		myDbConn.open()
: Line 61: 		myAddMemberCmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
: Line 62: 		myDbConn.close()
: Line 63: End Sub
:
: Source File: E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SaintPaulRotary\change\directory_add.aspx
: Line: 61