[thelist] CSS expert opinion needed

klute soundres9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 08:09:30 CST 2005

Hello All,

My CSS-for-layout knowldedge is not extensive and i
was hping you can give me an advice here. Here is the
template that someone is coding in XHTML for me:
http://www.devbistro.com/webdesignfirms/dev/template.jpg

He says he would not be able to build the right nav
bar they way it looks currently since this would
require a use of absolute positioning which is not
supported by IE5 .x on the Mac. Is that the case? My
dilemma is quite common, i suppose: I'd like the
layout to be standards-compliant and tableless *but*
i'd like it work with most recent browsers. in this
particular case, I think it's important to support IE
on the Mac (at least whatever the latest IE version
is) since most of the site's audience will be web
designers and chances are a handful of them will be
using IE.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
James