[thelist] CSS expert opinion needed - Target Browsers

Rich Points rich at richpoints.com
Sun Jan 2 12:25:22 CST 2005

>> Safari.... hardly anyone that is a Mac lover will use IE. Practically
>> everyone that uses Mac OS X will be using Safari. The latest version
>> is 1.2.4.. so I recommend supporting at least from version 1.2
>> Beware that Safari is very strict when it comes to CSS, unlike IE.
>

> That'd be swell, but what about  all them old iMacs in Hotel Lobbies
> and Internet Cafes?
> Personally I make sure IE/Mac does not get a stylesheet when it may
> not be able to display it correctly, same as NS4.x and IE 4 /PC

I say let em upgrade!

I've recently decided that I will not longer code for IE 5x or any
version of Netscape.  I say this based on these stats
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp  I don't think it's
worth the time and money to code for dying browsers.  Your best bet is
to do as suggested above and make sure IE 5x and Netscape don't see your
style sheet.

Rich