[thelist] CSS expert opinion needed - Target Browsers

Earl Cooley shiva at io.com
Sun Jan 2 13:12:30 CST 2005

Rich Points wrote:

> I say let em upgrade!
>
> I've recently decided that I will not longer code for IE 5x or any
> version of Netscape.  I say this based on these stats
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp  I don't think it's
> worth the time and money to code for dying browsers.  Your best bet is
> to do as suggested above and make sure IE 5x and Netscape don't see your
> style sheet.

I'd say you shouldn't guess. You shouldn't rely on what your
pet marketing drones tell you. You shouldn't rely on browser
stats from the general population that may not match your case.
Rely on your server logs. One of my web pages still has about
10% NS4 hits, so I respect that choice by my user base.

--
       3
  e=sc^  (shiva at io.com) Earl Cooley III (the "other" Earl)