[thelist] International Electricity

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Mon Jan 3 13:01:26 CST 2005

Speaking of internationality, I would like to buy this product:

Netopia 3387W-ENT Cable/DSL Wireless Router

and use it at times in Israel. The electricity here is 220/50 however. I
already use step-down transformers for a few other appliances, but these
transformers, as far as I know, only change the voltage to 110, they don't
change the amperage. Those appliances I do have appear to be working just
fine.

I emailed Netopia once to ask them if this should work with their product
and they responded with a question to which I responded but they didn't then
respond. I wrote them again now.

I am having trouble purchasing the product with the correct power supply
(wall wort) so I am looking at purchasing a regular US version and running
it on a transformer.

Anyone have any input or knowledge if this should be OK?

Thanks,
Hershel