[thelist] International Electricity

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Mon Jan 3 16:23:34 CST 2005

	Current (measured in amps) is about how much you *can* pass
through a circuit, not how much *must* pass through.  Basically, if you
have a 20-ampere circuit, you can put devices on it which together have
a total draw of 20 amps.  If your devices draw more, then you will blow
a fuse or trip a circuit breaker (or at least you *should*, because if
you don't you're probably going to melt a wire or start a fire).

	Are you sure the 50 isn't Hertz?  I've never seen a second
number in an electricity spec before.