[thelist] Serializing SQL calls to AS/400 via ODBC

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 16:48:57 CST 2005

i have an intranet project that uses an AS/400 database as the data store for the system... i have to select, update, and insert data...

i am using the iSeries Client Access ODBC Driver to access this AS/400 system... however, when i try to serialize, or string together, more than one SQL statement it throws an error... example error:

[IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0104 - Token ; was not valid. Valid tokens: <END-OF-STATEMENT>.

the examples we've found online don't work, and we can't find any detail of this happening to anyone else...

has anyone heard of anything like this?