[thelist] MS SQl help ASAP

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Tue Jan 4 15:48:31 CST 2005

<snip>

> by quick look, you can see the variations in the refusals.
> it's amazing how poor of spellers the agents are.
>
> REF
> REFUSE
> REFUSED
> rpq
> rufused
> said no
>
> are the main ones, but who's to say tomorrow, an agent won't typo
> another into something else?  I just don't see it being a plausible
> answer to the problem.

What does this selection of information have to do with the original post,
which was regarding the use of IsNumeric?

Anyways...

If they have the option to enter anything they want and it means refused,
then you are SOL using this technique.

Perhaps you're best bet, at this point, would be to add a boolean field
indicating refusal and initiate them all to the state meaning "not refused".
Then, start running updates until you've flagged all the refusals
appropriately.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.