[thelist] IE Service Pack Updates v Full Browsers

Iain Harrison iain at hairydog.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 16:23:27 CST 2005

Hello MedStarWriter,

Opera from www.opera.com
Firefox from www.mozilla.com

> Also, I'd be interested in learning about a good shell replacement utility
> for Windows Me.

You can use whatever you like as the Windows shell. You could
probably use notepad.exe, but I'd not recommend it!

I wonder if you are asking about a file management replacement,
rather than a shell replacement.

> Windows Explorer (EXPLORER.EXE) gets corrupted far too
> easily,

I've never seen it happen, but I'd not let ME near any computer I
hadd control of. Couldn't you upgrade it to the previous version,
Windows 98SE ?

> and it is integrated with Internet Explorer (IEXPLORE.EXE).

No it isn't.

--
Best regards,
 Iain                            mailto:iain at hairydog.co.uk